Co-operative Advertising Program
Tourism Saskatchewan is pleased to offer an application-based advertising program for 2017-2018. This cost-shared program provides tourism industry stakeholders an equal opportunity to participate in coordinated provincial advertising that includes radio, outdoor, television and online components. Program dates are April 1, 2017 to March 31, 2018. Two intake periods require applications to be submitted by the following deadlines: Intake One, February 15, 2017; Intake Two, August 31, 2017.
As the funding formula can be adjusted to meet demand, the new program will also allow more industry partners to access funding given limited budgetary resources. A maximum buy-in of $10,000/partner for any combination of advertising is in effect.
The application process will enable industry to more strategically plan their marketing activities throughout the year. As a result, industry partners will be encouraged to expand markets to beyond a 40 kilometre radius and to determine return on investment through effective tracking.
In response to previous requests, the Co-operative Advertising Program will enable participants to broaden their reach and market outside of Saskatchewan through select media partners.
For more information about the program and frequently asked questions, please click here.
Application Eligibility Criteria:
• Partner advertising activities must promote a tourism attraction, event or experience.
• Hospitality, Lodging, and Service Industry providers (restaurants, hotels, retail outlets, etc.) are eligible to participate but through package based content that must focus on attracting visitors from outside of their local markets.
• Alignment with Tourism Saskatchewan’s brand, strategic priorities and key markets preferred.
• Application includes a solid plan to track and report on Return on Investment.
• Requested Advertising Funding Assistance Table is completed accurately and fully and total matches the Total application amount listed on the Applicant / Organization Information.
• The application has an authorized signature.
• The project description is completed accurately and fully including goals and objectives.
• Advertising activities that are placed with media 40 km outside of the location of the applicant will be given preference and may be subsidized at a higher level than advertising placed with local media.
• A completed application form must be submitted to Tourism Saskatchewan for funding partnership consideration. Applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The program is subject to funding availability and may change without notice.
• Funding support will be to a maximum of 50 per cent of approved submissions however the level of support is dependent upon the number of applications and available budget.
• Program begins April 1, 2017.
• Program ends March 31, 2018.
Please clink on the link below to access the application form. Once you have completed all of the required fields, email the form to your local Tourism Saskatchewan Field Operation representative at the contact information below, or, send via fax to 306-787-6293.
Tourism Saskatchewan Field Operations Team
Kevin Sawicki, Northern Office
Daryl Demoskoff, Southern Office
Bob Kadis, Saskatoon Office (for Saskatoon and Regina inquiries):
Owen Einsiedler, West Central Office
Corrina Kapeller, East Central Office